Mandy over at a sorta farytale posted today about featuring her readers in a getting to know the readers post....I of course would love people getting to know me and my blog so I filled out her questionnaire. While doing so I went on and on and will probably have the award for the "wordiest" answers. But that is just me I guess. I thought it would be good for me to post this on my own blog for my 5 entire followers to get to know me even though I am sure they know all of this already ha ha! But who knows who else is out there, or will be in the future...so here you go. I apologize in advance for any grammar or spelling issues...that is just me too!
- Name and Blog(s). http://kaiserfamilyupdates.blogspot.com
- Tell us about your blog, what will we find there?You will find everything from family updates, crafts, recipes, DIY projects I have done for our new home, samplings of my photography. Not to mention plenty of other random interesting thoughts that rattle through my brain.
- What are some things that inspire your blogging? My children, they are hilarious and are often my subjects for photography or a post...or both! I also find huge inspiration from other bloggers, I find that I can not sit down at the computer without checking for new posts from my favorites.
- Do you have any children? If so, what are their names & ages? Yep! Two kiddos, Megan 6 going on 17...well 7 really and James who will be 10 months Nov. 22. They are the light of my life and I am so blessed to be their Mom.
- What 5 words would you choose to describe yourself? honestly??? Controlling (yeah not a great one but its true), funny, thoughtful, creative and driven.
- How would you describe your overall style? That is a hard one, is traditional/country/contemporary a style option? I love a mix of everything so maybe eclectic would be the right word.
- If you could give some advise to your high school self, what would it be? Don't be in such a rush! I wish I had taken more time with the growing up and enjoyed those years more. The mistakes I made back then made the person I am today so I don't regret them at all. Life is about learning as we go. I am happy with my wonderful life.
- Tell us about your hobbies? I cook, craft, create, play and DIY. Really that is a lot of stuff but I often have 10 "projects" going at once. I see something I like but can not afford, I re-create it. I find the most pleasure in things I create myself.
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? In 5 years I see myself doing much of the same I am doing today, keeping a house, raising little ones and enjoying the time I have with my husband. I hope to have better photography skills and maybe some part time work that I can use my creative brain in. In 10 years I will have a 17 year old and a 10 year old, I think life will be crazy busy and fun. Maybe that photography passion will have developed into something bigger. Maybe I will have a event planning business helping others pull off the perfect wedding or birthday party. Something along those lines would be wonderful.
- Take us through a day in your life. Lets see, I get up around 7:30am, get Megan ready for school, often my darling husband makes her lunch, I check to make sure he didn't forget anything and put it by the front door. I get James up, change his diaper and give kisses. James and I walk or drive Megan to school. James and I play until around 10 when he goes down for his first nap. I blog when I should be cleaning (oops) or I just read blogs or play with photos in Photoshop (still learning and I have a super old program so its frustrating). When James gets up we have lunch, play some more and then we do some laundry or clean a bathroom. I sometimes make a treat like cookies or yummy bread for french toast for dinner. At 2:30 we walk/drive to get Megan, we chat with other Moms outside the school while waiting, I think to myself that I need to make some friends in this new town, but my shy self takes way too long to initiate friendship and I always regret it. Once home, Megan has a snack while I go over her homework for the day. While Megan does her homework, James plays or has a snack while I start dinner. Mike (darling husband) gets home around 5 and does some playtime with the kids. We have dinner around 6, then its dishes, bath, book and bed. Once both kids are tucked in, Mike and I clean up toys (we should maybe enlist the kids for this one), then we cuddle on the sofa, watch some TV, I go soak in a bubble bath and then we go to bed around 11. Looking at it all written out I don't do much, but the day sure flies buy! It's a wonderful life, if I was better about getting a move on I am sure I could do more, and on some days I do, but for the most part that is life. I get to love on my kids and husband, and I couldn't ask for anything more.
- What are some blogs that inspire you? Here is a small list....http://pandmchiappini.blogspot.com, http://sassysanctuary.blogspot.com, http://honeywerehome.blogspot.com http://www.remodelaholic.com, http://www.younghouselove.com, http://diydiva.net, http://www.sawdustandpaperscraps.com. I really could go on and on...my bookmark tab is full!
Go check out Mandy's blog, she is a wonderful photographer and Mother, her son Bennett is adorable and was born 4 days after James. I met her (well computer met her) on Babycenter for the January 2010 birth club and have read her blog ever since. She is a huge photography inspiration and if I ever happen to make it up to her neck of the woods I would love to meet her for real!