Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

First and foremost...my family. I have a awesome family! We often disagree but we are a group of talented, loving and hugely sarcastic people.

The kids in the family are wonderfully funny little people with attitudes to match the grown ups. They make a ton of noise and drive us crazy, but they all make us laugh just as much. I enjoy watching them grow and really want them to slow down at the same time.

My husband is the best husband in the world, he works hard so I can stay home and raise our children. He does the dishes, with out bitching, he fills my water bottle at night since I always forget, he warms up my side of the bed before he warms up his own side on a cold night so its toasty when I get in. He is a amazing Dad. He is funny beyond measure and loves me, even when I am being "bossy and controlling" to quote my Dad's speech at our wedding.

Speaking of my Dad, he isn't technically my Dad, but men dont need to contribute to your genes to be your Dad. He is the first person I think of when I need advice on how to fix or build something, or when I cut my finger and need someone to fix it. He is who I call when I need a sounding board that is non-emotional and will tell me his honest opinion even if I don't like it. He loves me, he knows me better than I know myself sometimes. He is Poppy to my children, I love him and am so lucky to have him for my Dad.

My Sister is awesome, really that should sum it up but I can go on. She moved away last year for about six months, I hated it. We don't spend every moment together, but not having her close was terrible. She is my best friend and I look forward to us turning into old bittys together. She is fun to pick on too. She married a funny guy I enjoy picking on too. He will tell you the longest short story ever told, but ALWAYS gives the bad guy the benefit of the doubt...I never do that and admire his willingness to look for the good in people.

My Mom...I think all Mother daughter relationships are complicated. The love between us runs so deep you can not see the bottom. I am always calling for advice/opinions...on everything. Being her daughter I almost always do my own thing, but I still want to know her opinion. She is a talented and creative person, she made me who I am. She doesn't think the rest of us are as funny as we think we are, but when she gets a good laugh going she usually has tears running down her face and her cheeks hurt after a while. I wish she laughed like that more often. She has been a awesome Mom and a really AWESOME Grandma.

The Inlaws...My Father in law is a great guy. We have had a hard year adapting to loosing Becky my Mother in law, me miss her a lot. He has needed time to himself this year. But hopefully we will get to spend more time with him in the coming months. He is a very talented and smart man. He is loving and gives the best hugs around.

Ok...enough of the sap...we had a ton of yummy food today. I've done Thanksgiving for several years now and this year I think I finally have it down to a science. It was awesome to have zero stress...I'll let the pictures tell the story and post recipes later.
Sorry for being so wordy today!
Photobucket
We forgot to take a picture before we started carving...sorry for the bad angle and messy cutting board.

Photobucket
We do buffet style so we don't burn our delicate fingers with hot dishes.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
From the highchair...James, Mike aka. Husband, Rich, Diana, Ruth (you can see her hair), Grandma Dot, and Megan.

Much love,
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Well you have proceeded to make me cry, we don't put it quite this way, but we think you are pretty AWESOME too. Dinner looks great and sorry we had to miss it. Love you bunches. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so you made me cry and laugh. You are so awesome! We love you bunches and we will get together soon, and when mom and James come we can pick on mom together.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!