Thursday, July 15, 2010

Let The Bread Baking Begin

I have started a new project...bread! I started out wanting to make some yummy french toast and was never happy with the Texas Toast sold in stores and wanted to make my own...so this is where I started. It was fun and super yummy! I made the braid below last night, it was very easy and I love the rich taste. I am thinking it would be great to make croutons, bread pudding and so on.


Now I am going to move on to Brioche and Sourdough. The brioche shouldn't be a problem...I think...but I am worried about the Sourdough, I am going to go old fashioned and make a starter to hopefully keep for years (they can live indefinitely apparently) and it can take up to a week to get it ready for bread making. How cool is it to think that I could make bread for my Grandchildren out of the started I started when my children were little! I love that kind of stuff!

I plan on making the Brioche as soon as I get a Costco size box of butter! Pictures to follow!

Well wish me luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!