Tuesday, April 13, 2010

March 2010 Loss of Becky

Well its been a while since my last post. Our family has had a sad few weeks and putting the information in words has seemed to be too big of a task for me...lets see how I do.

My Mother in law Becky passed away on March 24th after a 6 year battle with Colon Cancer. While this was expected it still feels very unreal and unbelievably sad. I find myself picking up the phone to call and see what she is doing frequently just to get choked up when I realize my mistake. She was a huge part of our lives, she drove me crazy, made me laugh, and was always smiling, she had one of the best laughs I have ever heard. She had the knack of making me angry and laugh at the same time and I am going to miss our time together. I saw a lot of myself in her, hint to our butting of heads. I am so happy she was able to hold and enjoy her Grandson before she passed and I will forever cherish those pictures of the two of them. I am so sad my children will not grow up with her in their lives. My father in law put it perfectly when he said "The only good to come of Becky's passing is that her cancer has gone with her". What else is there to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!