Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kitchen Chair Update

Well I finally have some projects completed and ready to share! First up...my kichen chair update!

I inherited this step stool from Grandma when we purchased the house. She has had it for years and I loved it the second I saw it. Unfortunately is was a little worse for wear and was in bad need of a update. 

Here is the before...a little ho-hum for my taste. I jazzed up for free with all the stuff I had on hand from other projects.



I took the chair apart and did my best to remember how I did so I could eventually put it back together. 

Please excuse the yucky back yard...this is our HUGE project for this summer...HUGE project! I can't wait to get started on it...well back to the project at hand...painting!

Primer...ugly red brown...yuck! See how the sun is shining here...its a gorgeous day and so on...well not 5 minutes after this picture was taken it started to rain...on my freshly spray painted chair parts! How rude is that? So this project took another day longer than expected.

I recovered the chair seat and back with some fabric I had left from my kitchen table chairs. 

Here is the finished project after a coat of green spray paint and about 4 attempts of putting it back together.

I love it...its funky...its cool...its uber cute! I wish I had done this months ago!


Linked to...

Party Page Blogs and...
Thrifty Decor Chick


Stay tuned for our office before and after...yep we finally painted the office this weekend!

Until then!
Photobucket
Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

  1. Christy, I love how you redid this tool! I happen to be a big fan of apply greens and graphic black and white patterns. Sorry it rained on your project -- that's the kind of stuff that happens to me, too :)
    ~Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have one like this, well except my step stool part flips out, and I'm in the process of refinishing it too. I love how yours turned out.

    :)
    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. I love redos of vintage stuff.
    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you did an amazing job, love the way it looks now! Thanks for stopping by today :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was reading 'under the table dreaming' today and she has all these pictures of re-dos and yours is the one that just JUMPED out at me...my favorite of them all. I had to come here and tell you how much I LOVED this chair! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the green & the black and white together! And great fabric too, it turned out really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great fabric and I am such a fan of that shade of green.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazing! I don't think I would have been able to put it back together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute! My mom has a step stool that I have been eyeing for quite sometime! You have inspired me to mention your redo to her.:o)
    Fondly,
    Ann
    @
    The Tattered Tassel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE that fabric!!! Where did you get it? I'm looking for something similar for my dining room drapes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fabric was from Joanns. I adore it...if you don't have a Joanns I would check Fabric.com they have a ton of cool options.

    ReplyDelete
  12. awesome job!! Love the chair! If you have a chance please come link up to handmade tuesdays @ ladybug blessings. www.ladybug-blessings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this. The chair was so ugly before. Great Job

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have a "high chair" (as we'd dubbed it growing up) EXACTLY like this; since getting it from my mom 2 years ago, I have been clueless as to how to update/improve it. Thanks so much for sharing! It's so helpful to know someone had such fabulous results. (I found you on Better After.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh Wow! I didn't know she had posted about me! How exciting! Thank you so much! I am glad you like it. I use it daily so its awesome to have it all jazzed up now. I would love to see your update when you tackle it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job! Your chair looks fantastic. Is the previously black part on the steps rubbery? Did you just spray paint over it?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I found one of these at my Salvation ARmy store on half price day for $10... so $5 and snapped it up.
    So to reupholster you have to take the whole chair apart? I just need to do some reupholstering on mine, and a quick spritz with spray paint...
    You can see it at Solongfarm.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. link to my blog about my stepstool
    http://solongfarm.blogspot.com/2010/11/things-black-and-white-doing-warm.html

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh how I would love to find a highchair like that to "redo"!! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. You are SO CLEVER!! I love this and I have a costco chair I can do this to!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!